Annual General Meeting 2019
The Annual General Meeting of Sanoma Corporation will be held on Wednesday, 27 March 2019 at 14:00 Finnish time (EET) at Marina Congress Center (Katajanokanlaituri 6, 00160 Helsinki, Finland). The reception of persons who have registered for the meeting, distribution of the voting tickets and the preceding coffee service will commence at 13:00 Finnish time.
Shareholder, who is registered on the record date of the meeting, 15 March 2019, in the shareholders’ register of the Company held by Euroclear Finland Ltd, has the right to participate in the Annual General Meeting. A shareholder, whose shares are registered on his/her personal book entry account, is registered in the shareholders’ register of the Company.
A shareholder, who wants to participate in the General Meeting, shall register for the meeting no later than 21 March 2019 at 16:00 Finnish time by giving a prior notice of participation.
Such a notice can be given as of 21 February 2019 at 9:00 Finnish time.
Important dates and times
- Registration for the AGM will begin on 21 February 2019 at 9:00 Finnish time
- The record date of the AGM is 15 March 2019
- Registration for the AGM must be received by Sanoma no later than 21 March 2019 16:00 Finnish time
- The AGM will be held on Wednesday 27 March 2019 starting at 14:00 Finnish time, at Marina Congress Center, Helsinki ‑ the reception will start at 13:00 Finnish time
- The dividend is proposed to be paid in two instalments: EUR 0.25 per share on 5 April 2019 and EUR 0.20 per share on or about 4 November 2019
- The record date of the first dividend payment instalment is 29 March 2019 and on or about 28 October 2019 for the second instalment
Notice of the meeting and advance materials
Notice to the Annual General Meeting 2019
Annual Report and Financial Statements 2018 will be published 5 March 2019 at the latest
Proposals by the Board of Directors to the AGM:
Proposal for the use of the profit shown on the balance sheet and the payment of dividend
Introductions of the Board member candidates 2019
Proposal for the remuneration and election of the Auditor
Proposal for authorising the Board of Directors to decide on the repurchase of the Company’s own shares
Proposal for authorising the Board of Directors to decide on issuance of shares, option rights and other special rights entitling to shares
Archive of previous Annual General Meetings
The General Meeting
The General Meeting is Sanoma’s highest decision-making body, convening at least once a year in accordance with the Sanoma Articles of Association.
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) is held by the end of June each year and it handles the matters that fall under its authority according to the Finnish Companies Act as well as any matters proposed to a General Meeting. Extraordinary General Meetings are convened to handle specific matters proposed to a General Meeting.
According to the Finnish Companies Act, e.g. the following matters are subject to the decision-making power of a General Meeting:
- amendments to the Articles of Association;
- increases or decreases in share capital;
- issues of shares or other rights entitling to shares;
- acquisition of own shares;
- decisions on the number, election and remuneration of Directors;
- adoption of the financial statements;
- distribution of profits / allocation of losses.