Annual General Meeting 2018
The Annual General Meeting of Sanoma Corporation will be held on Thursday, 22 March 2018 at 14:00 Finnish time (CET+1) at the at Marina Congress Center (Katajanokanlaituri 6, 00160 Helsinki, Finland). The reception of persons who have registered for the meeting, distribution of the voting tickets and the preceding coffee service will commence at 13:00 Finnish time (CET+1).
Shareholder, who is registered on the record date of the meeting, 12 March 2018, in the shareholders’ register of the Company held by Euroclear Finland Ltd, has the right to participate in the Annual General Meeting. A shareholder, whose shares are registered on his/her personal book entry account, is registered in the shareholders’ register of the Company.
A shareholder, who wants to participate in the General Meeting, shall register for the meeting no later than 16 March 2018 at 16:00 Finnish time (CET+1) by giving a prior notice of participation.
Euroclear Finland supported browsers are:
- Chrome 30 or newer
- IE 8 or newer
- Firefox 27 or newer
Please follow the instructions provided by Euroclear. You will receive a confirmation after your registration has been received. Other ways for registration are provided in the Notice to the AGM.
Please see the Materials section for a model of Power of Attorney [tekstilinkki]
Important dates and times
- Registration for the AGM will begin on 8 February 2018 at 9:00 (CET+1)
- The record date of the AGM is 12 March 2018
- Registration for the AGM must be received by Sanoma no later than 16 March 2018 16:00 Finnish time (CET+1)
- The AGM will be held on Thursday 22 March 2018 starting at 14:00 Finnish time (CET+1), at Marina Congress Center, Helsinki ‑ the reception will start at 13:00 Finnish time (CET+1)
- In Finland, the dividend will be paid in two instalments: EUR 0.20 per share on 4 April 2018 and EUR 0.15 per share on 1 November 2018 (estimated)
- The record date of the first dividend payment instalment is 26 March 2018 and estimated record date for the second 25 October 2018.
Notice of the meeting and advance materials
Annual Report and Financial Statements 2017 (will be published 28 February 2018)
Proposals by the Board of Directors to the AGM:
- AGM 2018 – Agenda
- AGM 2018 – Proposal for the distribution of profit
- Introductions of the Board member candidates 2018
- AGM 2018 – Proposal for the remuneration and election of the Auditor
- AGM 2018 – Proposal for authorisation to repurchase the Company’s own shares
Description of the register file
In the registration procedure to the AGM of Sanoma Corporation, personal data of the shareholders is collected, such as the personal identity code and the number of the book-entry account. The information will not be used for any other purposes than for identifying the shareholder and for confirming the share ownership. The technical provider of the registration system is Euroclear Finland Ltd. Read the full description of the registration file.
Annual General Meeting of 2017
The Annual General Meeting of Sanoma Corporation was held on Tuesday, 21 March 2017 at the at Scandic Park Helsinki (Mannerheimintie 46, 00260 Helsinki, Finland).
Resolutions of Sanoma’s Annual General Meeting 2017
CEO’s and CFO’s presentations (pdf)
CEO presentation (English) – video link
CFO presentation (Finnish) – video link
Speach from the Chairman of the Board (Finnish) – video link
Minutes and appendices of the Annual General Meeting 2017
Minutes of the Annual General Meeting 2017
Appendix 1: Notice to the AGM of Sanoma Corporation 2017
Appendix 6: Financial Statements and Board of Directors’ Report 2016
Appendix 7: Auditor’s report 2016
Appendix 8: Proposal for the distribution of profit
Appendix 9: Proposal for amendment of Articles of Association
Appendices 10-11: Proposal for the remuneration and election of the Auditor
Appendix 13: Proposal for authorisation to repurchase the Company’s own shares
The General Meeting
The General Meeting is Sanoma’s highest decision-making body, convening at least once a year in accordance with the Sanoma Articles of Association.
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) is held by the end of June each year and it handles the matters that fall under its authority according to the Finnish Companies Act as well as any matters proposed to a General Meeting. Extraordinary General Meetings are convened to handle specific matters proposed to a General Meeting.
According to the Finnish Companies Act, e.g. the following matters are subject to the decision-making power of a General Meeting:
- amendments to the Articles of Association;
- increases or decreases in share capital;
- issues of shares or other rights entitling to shares;
- acquisition of own shares;
- decisions on the number, election and remuneration of Directors;
- adoption of the financial statements;
- distribution of profits / allocation of losses.
Archive of previous Annual General Meetings