Nelonen Media Radio starring at the Radio Gala 2015
Sanoma’s Nelonen Media Radio, the market leading commercial radio player in Finland, swept the board at the Radio Gala 2015. The best of the breed among the commercial radio channels, programmes and personalities are rewarded at this glamorous media event in Finland every year.
Nelonen Media Radio’s triumph continued with victories in no less than nine categories. The Loop station was the star of the night with as much as four awards. Loop was launched in 2013 with the motto ”more music, less talk”, and it has strong presence in social media.
The Nelonen Media Radio winners
- National radio station of the year: Loop – excellent reception to the content. “Someone needs to invent the wheel for the others to use it,” the Jury notes
- Programme manager of the year: Kristiina Komulainen / Loop – exceptional understanding of social media and the possibilities of digital media
- Radio professional of the year: Jekku Berglund / Loop – a true talent to look up to
- Radio event of the year: Loop’s one year birthday party – perfect fit for the target group
- Radio show of the year: Aamulypsy / Radio Suomipop – morning show won more than half of the cast votes
- Radio host of the year: Jaajo Linnonmaa / Radio Suomipop – for the fifth time in a row
- Radio production of the year: Who’s talking? / Radio Aalto – an innovative way to introduce the hosts of the channel to the public audience
- Music manager of the year: Mikko Koivusipilä / Nelonen Media – sovereign in his work
- National sales team of the year: Nelonen Media – sales figures speak for themselves
Nelonen Media comprises nine TV channels: Nelonen, Jim, Liv, Hero, Nelonen Pro 1, Nelonen Pro 2, Nelonen Prime, Nelonen Nappula, Nelonen Maailma, and Ruutu catch-up TV service, complemented with six radio stations: Radio Aalto, Radio Rock, Radio Suomipop, Loop, Metro Helsinki and Groove FM. Nelonen Media is part of Sanoma, a European forerunner in consumer media and learning.