The Annual General Meeting of Sanoma Corporation was held on Wednesday, 8 April 2015 at the Conference Centre of Messukeskus, Helsinki, Expo and Convention Centre.
Minutes of the Annual General Meeting 2015
Appendix 1: Notice to the AGM 2015 of Sanoma Corporation
Appendix 6: Financial Statements and Board of Directors' Report for 2014
Appendix 7: Auditors' Report
Appedix 8: Board's proposal for the distribution of profit
Appendices 9 and 10: Board's proposal for the remuneration and election of the Auditors
Appendix 12: Board's proposal for authorisation to repurchase the Company's own shares
- - -
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) convenes within six months of the end of the financial year at a time stipulated by the Board of Directors. Notice of the Shareholders meeting is published in at least one widely circulated newspaper specified by the Board, no earlier than three months and no later than three (3) weeks prior to the General Meeting, but in any case the notice must be published at least nine (9) days before the record date of the General Meeting.
Matters decided upon by the AGM include:
- adopting the financial statements
- using the profit shown on the balance sheet
- discharging the members of the Board of Directors and the President and CEO from liability
- determining the number of Sanoma's Board members
- deciding on amendments to the Articles of Association
- electing the Board's Chairman, Vice Chairman and Board members to replace outgoing members, as well as deciding on Board remuneration
- electing auditors and determining their remuneration
Shareholders' rights to have matters dealt with by the General Meeting
Shareholders have the right to propose to General Meeting matters, which fall within the competence of the General Meeting by the Finnish Limited Liability Companies Act or company's Articles of Association. The Finnish Limited Liability Companies Act states that the request has been filed well in advance if the Board of Directors receives the written notice of it at least four weeks before the Notice of the Meeting is published. The requests for Annual General Meeting 2015 should be sent to email@example.com by 2 February 2015.
Archive of previous Annual General Meetings: