Shareholder, who is registered on the record date of the meeting, 28 March 2014, in the shareholders' register of the Company held by Euroclear Finland Ltd, has the right to participate in the Annual General Meeting. A shareholder, whose shares are registered on his/her personal bookentry account, is registered in the shareholders' register of the Company.
A shareholder, who wants to participate in the General Meeting, shall register for the meeting no later than 3 April 2014 at 16:00 Finnish time (CET+1) by giving a prior notice of participation.
Please follow the instructions provided by Euroclear. You will receive a confirmation after your registration has been received. Other ways for registration are provided in the Notice to the AGM.
Important dates and times
- The record date of the AGM is 28 March 2014
- Registration for the AGM must be received by Sanoma no later than 3 April 2014 16:00 Finnish time (CET+1)
- The AGM will be held on Wednesday, 9 April 2014 starting at 14:00 Finnish time (CET+1), at the Helsinki Exhibition & Convention Centre
- The reception will start at 13:00 Finnish time (CET+1)
- The ex-dividend date is 10 April 2014
- The record date of the dividend payment is 14 April 2014
- In Finland, the dividend will be paid on 23 April 2014
Notice of the meeting and advance materials
Notice to the AGM 2014 of Sanoma Corporation
Financial Statements 2013
Proposals by the Board of Directors to the AGM:
Agenda of the AGM 2014
Proposal for the distribution of profit
Introductions of the Board member candidates 2014
Proposal for the remuneration and election of the Auditors
Proposal for authorisation to repurchase the Company's own shares
Description of the register file
In the registration procedure to the AGM of Sanoma Corporation, personal data of the shareholders is collected, such as the personal identity code and the number of the book-entry account. The information will not be used for any other purposes than for identifying the shareholder and for confirming the share ownership. The technical provider of the registration system is Euroclear Finland Ltd. Read the full description of the registration file.
Shareholders' rights to have matters dealt with by the General Meeting
Shareholders have the right to propose to General Meeting matters, which fall within the competence of the General Meeting by the Finnish Limited Liability Companies Act or company's Articles of Association. The Finnish Limited Liability Companies Act states that the request has been filed well in advance if the Board of Directors receives the written notice of it at least four weeks before the Notice of the Meeting is published. The requests should have been sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14 Feb 2014.
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) convenes within six months of the end of the financial year at a time stipulated by the Board of Directors. Notice of the Shareholders meeting is published in at least one widely circulated newspaper specified by the Board, no earlier than three months and no later than three (3) weeks prior to the General Meeting, but in any case the notice must be published at least nine (9) days before the record date of the General Meeting.
Matters decided upon by the AGM include:
- adopting the financial statements
- using the profit shown on the balance sheet
- discharging the members of the Board of Directors and the President and CEO from liability
- determining the number of Sanoma's Board members
- deciding on amendments to the Articles of Association
- electing the Board's Chairman, Vice Chairman and Board members to replace outgoing members, as well as deciding on Board remuneration
- electing auditors and determining their remuneration
Archive of previous Annual General Meetings: