Annual General Meeting of 21 March 2017
The Annual General Meeting of Sanoma Corporation will be held on Tuesday, 21 March 2017 at 14:00 Finnish time (CET+1) at the at Scandic Park Helsinki (Mannerheimintie 46, 00260 Helsinki, Finland). The reception of persons who have registered for the meeting, distribution of the voting tickets and the preceding coffee serving will commence at 13:00 Finnish time (CET+1).
Shareholder, who is registered on the record date of the meeting, 9 March 2017, in the shareholders' register of the Company held by Euroclear Finland Ltd, has the right to participate in the Annual General Meeting. A shareholder, whose shares are registered on his/her personal bookentry account, is registered in the shareholders' register of the Company.
A shareholder, who wants to participate in the General Meeting, shall register for the meeting no later than 15 March 2017 at 16:00 Finnish time (CET+1) by giving a prior notice of participation.
Notice of attendance (Euroclear Finland Oy's electronic registrations service)
Please follow the instructions provided by Euroclear. You will receive a confirmation after your registration has been received. Other ways for registration are provided in the Notice to the AGM.
Service supports Windows Vista or newer version. Supported browsers:
• Chrome 30 or newer version
• IE 8 or newer version
• Firefox 27 or newer version
Important dates and times
- Registration for the AGM will begin on 7 February 2017 at 9:00 (CET+1)
- The record date of the AGM is 9 March 2017
- Registration for the AGM must be received by Sanoma no later than 15 March 2017 16:00 Finnish time (CET+1)
- The AGM will be held on Tuesday 21 March 2017 starting at 14:00 Finnish time (CET+1), at Scandic Park Helsinki ‑ the reception will start at 13:00 Finnish time (CET+1)
- The record date of the dividend payment is 23 March 2017
- In Finland, the dividend will be paid on 30 March 2017
Notice of the meeting and advance materials
Annual Report and Financial Statements 2016 (will be published 27 February 2017)
Proposals by the Board of Directors to the AGM:
Description of the register file
In the registration procedure to the AGM of Sanoma Corporation, personal data of the shareholders is collected, such as the personal identity code and the number of the book-entry account. The information will not be used for any other purposes than for identifying the shareholder and for confirming the share ownership. The technical provider of the registration system is Euroclear Finland Ltd.
The General Meeting is Sanoma’s highest decision-making body, convening at least once a year in accordance with the Sanoma Articles of Association.
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) is held by the end of June each year and it handles the matters that fall under its authority according to the Finnish Companies Act as well as any matters proposed to a General Meeting. Extraordinary General Meetings are convened to handle specific matters proposed to a General Meeting.
According to the Finnish Companies Act, e.g. the following matters are subject to the decision-making power of a General Meeting:
- amendments to the Articles of Association;
- increases or decreases in share capital;
- issues of shares or other rights entitling to shares;
- acquisition of own shares;
- decisions on the number, election and remuneration of Directors;
- adoption of the financial statements;
- distribution of profits / allocation of losses.
Shareholders’ right to have matters dealt with by the General Meeting
According to the Finnish Companies Act, a shareholder may also request that his or her proposal to be handled at the next General Meeting. Such a request shall be made in writing to the company’s Board of Directors and the proposed matters shall fall within the competence of the General Meetings according to the Finnish Companies Act.
Sanoma organises the Annual General Meeting on 21 March 2017 in Helsinki. If a shareholder requests a proposal to be included on the agenda of the General Meeting, he or she should have notifed the Board of Directors by 10 January 2017.
Request can be emailed to email@example.com or sent to Sanoma Corporation, Group Legal Affairs, P.O.Box 60, 00089 Sanoma.